You have a great poker playing skill and you know every possible intricacy of the game. Is the guarantee to have a healthy bottom-line at the end of the day. Maybe not! Your intelligence and emotional control could help you win the hand, but that isn’t the guarantee of big money win. You need to play smart with the betting because online poker stats suggest that just 25% of all hands make it to showdown. This means, out of every four-hand, just one makes it to showdown and rest folds. In terms of real-winning betting in online poker is more important than the cards dealt.
This becomes more important in online poker as you play in virtual space with a very limited set of emotional cues to analyze card moves of opponents. You bet either for value or to bluff. The value betting is driven by the strength of the hand in hope to build up the pot or take down the hand. In the other case, you don’t have the perfect hand and your strategy is to force opponents to fold and win. From the experts’ point of view, there is no third reason to put chips in the pot.
|download game poker online|
Art of Betting in Online Poker Simplified:
- Be Aggressive in Betting, Avoid Calling
The fundamental of online poker is simple, put chips in the pot and bet. This is what the poker is all about, the balance of hand and bet. You play with chips could be either calling an existing bet, new bet or raising. However, you need to understand that there is a difference between calling and raising.
You win when other folds. When you call an existing bet you aren’t making any pressure on opponents. You have to be aggressive to make an initial bet or in raising as this puts your opponent in pressure to react. This creates a better chance for you to win the pot.
- Know our Opponents
This is the time-tested mantra to be a poker winner, as this makes you a better player with better winning average. This luxury of the knowing opponent isn’t there in online poker, but still, you can judge your co-players by online behavior. You need to strategize your betting according to the relative strength and style of your opponents.
- Your bluff smartly when your opponent us a good player.
- If your opponents are an inexperienced lot, then it is better to avoid the bluff strategy.
- Try using value betting with inexperienced players as they show averseness to folding.
- If you have the best hand, keep on building pressure as they will keep calling hiving you the winning pot.
- It is good to have the right balance of bluff while playing with good players as they prefer to lay down a good hand against aggressive players.
- If your opponent is equally aggressive, you have to be very calculative before putting chips in the pot. Why waste chips if you know your opponent is going to re-raise your bet.
- Know Yourself
You have to build your poker personality because your opponent plays accordingly. Why not give them what they want in terms of personality cues. Your loss table image with flop focus invites similar reaction of call on bet or re-raise. Build a tight player image with a smart frequent folds to bets and re-raises as other serious players will come forward to bet on you. If you are lucky to have a strong hand, then the pot is yours. But this is a very tough strategy, as building pot is challenging.
- Betting Should Never Go Down
You simply cannot win online poker with an image of a weak player. Your betting pattern tells about you. You cannot simply start on high and cut it afterward. The best betting strategy is to maintain the consistency with an upwards move pattern.
- Bluff Betting
Your best hand isn’t the guarantee of a handsome win. You have to learn the art of bluffing in online poker to win big. Some time-tested bluff tricks are:
- You have to judge the strength of opponents, especially when they are weak.
- Master the board and keep on building pressure using the suspense mechanism in card play. Let them be in guessing mode and make mistakes.
- If you are in a tournament, you need to be very balanced in bluff strategy. Avoid bluffing in early stage and focus on building chip stake.
You betting will make not just the winner, but the big winner. You have to learn the art of communicating through card actions and justify that with suitable bets. Play smart with the flop and build a tight table image, as this always helps in betting strategy in terms of value. Be strong to have a strong pot!